Safe and effective natural deodorant especially formulated for sensitive skin.
Arrowroot powder absorbs moisture, virgin Coconut Oil is soothing to the skin and contains lauric acid which kills odor-causing bacteria, Magnesium Hydroxide is deodorizing and the small amount of aluminum free baking soda in our sensitive skin formula, helps to absorb odors. The Chinese herbs used are naturally antibacterial and help to maintain adequate nourishment to the skin and the Lemongrass and Tea Tree essential oils added are antimicrobial and deodorizing and smell bright and uplifting!
This gender neutral deodorant is terrific for men and women alike, and is a safe choice for preteens new to deodorant products.
Safe for pregnant and nursing mothers.
To use, simply dip a clean finger into the Lemongrass Deodorant. Use about a pea-sized amount for each underarm. Rub evenly into clean dry skin and get on with your day.
Warmer weather note: One of the main ingredients in our Lemongrass Deodorant is Coconut Oil, which softens and liquifies at 76 degrees. Warmer summer temperatures may cause your deodorant to soften a bit. This is normal, and can be remedied by refrigerating it for a short period of time to firm it back up.
If you experience any irritation to your skin while making the switch to our natural deodorant, please see note from Sola Skincare below...
Ingredients: Arrowroot powder, Coconut Oil*, Magnesium Hydroxide, Olive Oil* infused with Chinese herbs (Zhi Mu & Sheng Di Huang), Baking Soda**, Beeswax and Essential Oils of Lemongrass* & Tea Tree*
*Certified Organic Ingredient
Preservative Free / Not tested an animals
Note: It is important to never let water or other moisture into the cleansing grains. This is a 100% natural, preservative-free formula and allowing liquid into the jar could promote the growth of harmful bacteria. Please keep away from eyes.
Because of the nature of Sola Skincare products, all products are final sale and are not eligible for return except in the case of manufacturing defects. If you believe you have received a defective product, experience a problem or are unhappy with an item you've ordered, please email us within 30 days of your purchase at email@example.com. We cannot accept returns of used skincare products or provide credit on future orders.
Please read our Disclaimer in our FAQ section prior to purchase/use of this product.
NOTE FROM SOLA SKINCARE:
"I'm experiencing some irritation to my skin after using the Coconut Deodorant. What should I do?"
One possible explanation for this irritation is that you may be part of a small segment of the population who have a sensitivity to deodorant containing baking soda. We only use aluminum-free baking soda in our deodorant, but there will be a small number of people for whom the baking soda will cause irritation to the skin. In this case, it would be best to discontinue use. We are working on a baking soda light version of our Coconut Deodorant, so make sure you are signed up for our newsletter to be notified when it's available.
If the irritation is not due to a baking-soda sensitivity, I have a few suggestions you could try if you like. Hopefully one of the following will help to clear up the irritation:
1. Ensure you only apply the deodorant at least a half hour after shaving. Some of our customers have reported that as long as they shave the night before, they don’t experience any irritation the next morning.
2. Check to see if you’ve been using any other different soaps or detergents recently. Some people experience irritation with certain combinations of products.
3. Make the switch gradually: Try applying a mix of your previous conventional deodorant and a small amount of Coconut Deodorant, and gradually moving over to ours full strength.
4. You could try applying a small amount apple cider vinegar to your armpit. I realize this may sound like an unlikely solution, but some research has found that apple cider vinegar can help to neutralize the pH of your armpit.
5. Detox your armpits! It sounds strange, but after years of using conventional deodorant, there can be an adjustment time as you switch to an all natural deodorant, and you may notice increased odor, sweat or irritation during this time. Before switching to our natural deodorant, you could try this "armpit detox" method to ease the transition. I haven’t done it myself because I don’t experience any irritation, but here's the full tutorial if you'd like to give it a try at Wellness Mama.
We do realize that some or all of these suggestions may not appeal to you, and we understand that. Hopefully one of them works, but of course we are all different, with different body chemistry and not everything will work on every body.